Saturday, November 10, 2007

Chocolate Jones

A few weeks ago i bought a variety pack of Ghirardelli Squares, the Dark Collection. (Mmmm...) The other weekend, when Cindy's fam were in town and they stopped by my place in the evening, i passed the bag around.

Take one down
Pass it around
98 Ghirardelli Squares on the wall...

- kept playing in my head. : )

Caramel was sought after by everyone. Trent*, Denisse's bro, peeked inside the bag and made a discovery.

"It's all raspberry!" Proclaimed Trent. He cackled.

"What?!?" Denisse responded in disbelief (and perhaps disgust, too), and grabbed the bag for inspection. "What the..."

"Must be the least popular flavor," I conjectured in a mellow tone. Then it was my turn to scrutinize the source of offense. It did appear that 90% of the squares were in pink wrappers. Dismay was in the air. Nobody spoke.

A couple of days later, i came home craving caramel. So i sat down on my couch with my Ghirardelli in natural light. When searching for the 60% cacao variety, i didn't see any.

Wait, what color is it even?

Turned out those were in red. And red sure looks a hell of a lot like pink in twilight. Kind of a packaging design faux pas if you ask me.

I wrote to Denisse:

Our assessment of the contents of the Ghirardelli variety pack was erroneous!!!

Then i read it and thought, "Sheet... This is the way i write?! I am such a dork!!"


*Not his real name

No comments: