Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Goodwill

This morning i returned to work to find a note on my desk left by Matt who happened to have stopped by during my vacation. Just to say hi. And to hope things have been well.

Matt. That is certainly an unexpected blast from the past.

I wondered if he knew i was on leave. But it doesn't matter, does it.

I wrote back thanking Matt for the note. After all, it was a pleasant surprise and a spirit-booster on the first day back to work. And I wished him well, sincerely yet platonically. And had it hand-delivered in an intracompany envelope. How romantic.

Matt's note restored my faith in the goodness of mankind and left me with a tinge of sadness at the same time. It is almost Christmas again. To think that last Christmas we sang "Santa Baby" at the company bash, The Pussycat Dolls version, complete with can-can kicks. Within a month, he asked me out.

In the evening i found myself singing verses from the ridiculous tune. Like a whimper.

No comments: