Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Jitters

I have a date on Friday. It's been a while.

Everybody gets nervous before a date. But my fear is escalating to the point of paralyzing.

Aside from the usual fear of rejection or disappointment, i really wanna call it off, move to Tahiti and be alone forever.

I am fearful of change. I didn't realize it until last night when we were making the date.

The other day, when i was doing crunches in the nude on the floor in the living room, i realized, Wow, i have it pretty good. I'm doing crunches in the nude on the floor in the living room. Cuz i damned well please.

Do i really want to bring a foreign element in my life? And i couldn't possible be a positive element in someone's life. I would just wreck it. And wreck mine in the process.

But if this is really how i feel, what the fuck am i doing with online dating? Goes back to the self-sabotage i have mentioned before.

This is the most interesting guy i have met in a while. He's artistic, spiritual, intelligent, and funny. And he's not averse to texting and IM-ing. Bonus: He lives only minutes away. And from what i gather, he thinks i'm mighty special. What more could a gal ask for?!??

When he first wrote me my reaction was, "Finally, someone good-looking!"

And i was giddy for a few days. As a matter of fact i was reminded of when i first started chatting with JD. Then i felt vulnerable all over again.

After setting the date, i was like, What have i done?!!

I always do this. First i'm like, I don't even know if i like him! Next thing you know, i'm jumping his bones. And somewhere down the line things blow up in my face.

And i feel really, really fat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

talk about psyching yourself out. it is not like you are getting married, it is a first date. enjoy the time. i always tell friends that they should look at it as networking. meeting someone new could lead to meeting other new and 'exciting' individuals. then again, maybe you shouldn't listen to me, i tend to go from one relationship into another!

tagaccat said...

That is how a normal person things. I have many irrational voices in my head. Or haven't you noticed. You can't tell an agoraphobic, "Just get out of the house already!"

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Doing crunches in the nude in the middle of your floor may be something that another wants to join in on. Why keep such a wonderful visual all to yourself? That's just greedy! ;-)