Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Not a Sound From the Pavement

The elephant is my nephew AC's favorite animal.

Last Sunday, during a visit at my place (he loves it here btw - it's strange and familiar all at once), he discovered in my CD collection The Black Eyed Peas' Elephunk.

Delighted by the grey elephant image on the cover, he helped himself to it and proceeded to open it.

Against his mother's advice, AC removed the CD from the case, to be further titillated by yet another elephant image underneath.

He then joyfully approached the TV, intending to play the disc like a DVD, which at the ripe age of 2 years and 8 months he'd done on many occassions like a pro.

He's no fool, mind you. He's learned the "eject" icon and knows its universal nature. Only this time my VHS tape got expelled. (Yes, i'm a little behind the times.)

"Uh oh," Elsie dramatized to stop his escapade. "TV broke!"

"Uh oh!" AC repeated after his mother. And left the devices alone.

The recollection makes me smile. You never know what's gonna pop in your head to kill the restlessness and rescue you from nocturnal damnation, as i call it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aren't nephews (and nieces for that matter)the best?? when i go visit my siblings i tell everyone that i am going for baby therapy! i enjoy seeing my siblings but there is something magical about babies (toddlers) and their innocence.