Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-Day Jubilation



After flourishing for nearly 18 months, the orchid plant JD gave me as a housewarming gift dies.

I never knew a plant could look so devoid of life.

I can't believe it's really gone. Ten-four.

Today happened to be the day my assitance was requested at my old office. It was weird to be back there.

For two days i'd pictured what it would be like to run into Matt. I fantasized about asking him out. This night of St. Valentine's.

But he never showed.

It must be fate. I guess i have to give it a rest for good now.

So i stick with my date with the physical therapist. He electrifies me. With those tiny electrodes. Under a giant hot pack.

Tonight, right after i celebrate the special day by laundering my black socks, I did get one phone call. From AT&T. Probably in an attempt to lure me back from Vonage.

Ah, such love. I let the machine get it.

On this day a year ago, I got tulips. This year i got no lips. No lips at all.

No comments: