Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Loner's Concerto

I've settled in at my new workplace. Not having to open my mouth for hours on end suits me. I revel in the quiet and isolation.

I guess this job is very me after all.

Rob called me at work earlier this week, saying that he hoped it was okay to call once in a while.

"Once in a while"?! He was calling practically everyday.

He skipped one weekend, and i was so proud of him. I thought he was over it. But the following Sunday he left a message AND texted me. Having nothing to say, really.

And he always calls my home number now. As if i couldn't be out and about??! (Ha!)

I bet he's one of those moronic guys who can't even tell which number is which, and never programs his speed dials right.

I told him on Monday that i was uncomfortable when he made calls that were not work-related.

He left messages two nights in a row about understanding how i need space.

If you really understand that, you will STOP CALLING!!!

Today he also said he understood that i wasn't "ready to deal with us".

OMG!!!!!!!!!! There is no "us"!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is obsessed. I am worried. I wanna tell him to talk to his therapist about this obsession. But hearing his voice just makes me cringe. It drips with hypertension!

I realize that i was once this obsessed about JD. And had i latched on to Matt, i would've behaved similarly.

I am glad i'm not in that place any more. And frankly, i'd rather die alone than to wind up in that unhealthy place over and over.

I mean, i've got nephews. They'll come to identify me in rigor mortis. : )

No comments: