Thursday, February 01, 2007

Goodbye Girl

Today was my last day working with JF. Despite being emotionally distraught, we closed the month perfectly and in a timely fashion.

JF and i spent some quality time together at lunch and on breaks.

I started to appreciate the location of the store. When i started there, i used to hate the railroad tracks that were only yards away. Trains would pass by with their loud horns.

Today i saw the trees and the wilderness feel of it all, and even the nearby freeway seemed to offer solace. I have gotten used to watching the freeway during breaks (when i actually take them). Traffic is soothing white noise to me. Almost like the ocean.

Funny how you don't appreciate things until you're about to lose them.

At the end of the day, JF and i embraced for the longest time. It was all i could do to hold back tears.

She's been so good to me. Even though i didn't expect to become friends with her, we have grown close.

She's like my only girlfriend these days really.

People come in your life and depart at some point. Only a select few leave a mark. JF has touched my life. I hope she knows that.

No comments: