Saturday, February 24, 2007

On a Clear Day...

In a recent conversation, Denisse laments, "Either i don't get any attention from guys, or i get attention from unattractive guys."

"Ditto!" I reply.

Today I cancelled my membership with eDetri, the online dating service I've been with for half a year. It was a giant relief. Now celibacy is on my own volition.

It's like you walk in the butcher's thinking you're gonna get choice tenderloin, but you've taken too long, and all that's left available is ground pork.

And who wants ground pork?

Well, unless you're making fried wontons.

And one more thing... "The butcher's"? What is this, the 19th century? Or... New York?

Friday nights can still be tough. I still hurt my pretty little head trying to figure out why Matt doesn't initiate communication, like, ever. There could be a million reasons why. He could have too much on his plate right now. He could be an insensitive jerk. Or, he really is a decent human being, but he just doesn't care that much about me.

All legit reasons.

But he seems to have so much fun with me. And he says so. He goes, "I have so much fun with you!"

Yesterday, i had to call him about work. He sounded so happy to hear from me.

Course, he was with a client and couldn't stay on. He said he'd call me back. He didn't.

So he likes me a little. It's nothing to turn one's life upside down over.

No comments: