Wednesday, November 08, 2006

There's a First For Everything...



I tried to make sashimi myself tonight. It's not quite the same as what you have at restaurants. Fileting was fine, but skinning was not. I didn't know how hard it was to peel off scales stuck on your fingers.

Plus the fishy smell really put me off. Duh, it's fish. But still. They must pre-treat it a certain way at the restaurants. I have no idea. Also, i recalled when Denisse was talking about how she almost went vegetarian given how much she abhored handling meat - any kind of meat. Now i know what she's talking about. It's really quite gross. I certainly didn't care for the tactility.

I couldn't finish my dinner. Before long i was spitting out some. Then i just dumped the rest.

My hands continued to smell fishy. I couldn't stand it, and i didn't know how to remedy the situation. I considered soaking them in rubbing alcohol, but that would be too drying. So i sprayed Febreze on them. I figured, if it works on fabric... skin is an absorbant material, right?

So now my hands smell like Febreze AND fish. Nice.

No comments: