Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Aplenty

After another disheartening dating experience, i turned to family for comfort.

I am so predictable.

Elsie is a good sport that way. We had a Korean pig-out session and called it lunch. I love our unspoken covenant to always, but always, share galbee.

If i can't have love, gimme booze. If i can't have booze? Letz eat!!!!!

She stuck around my office afterwards and we chatted for 2.5 hours.

Just what the doctor ordered. Even though i've been very stressed lately at work after a glitchy Barnacle* upgrade and dry run that turned closing disastrous.

We never run out of things to talk about. All close relationships should be like this. Is that too much to ask?

Even though i'd been sleep-deprived for a week, i agreed to meet her up later at OC's daycare center so we could spend more time together.

At 5:17 p.m., i was parked. In my rear-view mirror i spotted Elsie and AC entering the building. I quickly disembarked to follow suit.

I lost them.

Standing in the playground, i didn't recall which room OC had graduated to. I called Elsie and was disconnected.

Then i almost felt a searing stare on the back of my head.

I turned around, Palm Centro in hand, and saw through the glass doors this beautiful kid who wouldn't take his eyes off me.

I squinted, uncertain. (Have i mentioned my eyesight is going?)

Hesitantly i approached.

As i drew near both the boy and I grinned. Why, it's AC!

I pushed the access button, AC ran to me, and we were reunited in sweet embrace.

Elsie was not far behind.

AC gazed up at his Mom, pointed at me, mouth agape, as if saying, "Goo Goo is here! I can't believe it!"

All the while suppressing the grin ever so subtly. After all, he's a little man. Can't wear his heart on his sleeve for the world to see and stomp on.

A grown-up is never that happy to see me. Which is why i love kids.

A grown man's suppressed grin would be in his pants.


*Not the real name of the application

1 comment:

Smirking Cat said...

Kids and cats give the best hello's.