Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'd Be Fibbing If I Said I Wasn't At Fibbs

This evening i went back to where Taylor and i had our first date. I hadn't been back since Taylor moved away. And never been there alone.

I figured this was the appropriate place to mourn the demise of our relationship.

Our relationship was on life support for a year. When the plug was pulled recently i still was not ready.

This morning the finality of severance hit me so hard i almost had a nervous breakdown at work. (Have i mentioned i have severe abandonment issues?)

As i sat outside while the sun went down, i realized: this is no longer Taylor's bar.

An older lady exited the bar and started chatting with a couple at a table a few feet away from me. At first i didn't pay attention. I was staring blankly as i had been all day.

They started laughing. It's good to witness happiness.

The older lady must've been in her late 70's. I was blocking out their dialog (something i'm very good at) until i heard that she was gonna get herself a martini.

"Where are you getting your martini?" Asked the amused couple.

O.L. raised her cane and pointed to something in a distance. I couldn't make out the name of the joint.

The couple congratulated her on her zest and complimented her on her looks.

When she was about to take off they told her to have fun.

"And be careful!" They cautioned.

O.L. had taken two steps away when she turned around and told the couple, "It's too late!"

Taken aback, the couple asked, "It's too late for what?"

"To be careful!" Replied the lovely lady.

They laughed some more.

I couldn't help but crack a smile too.

As O.L. walked past me, she turned to me and smiled at me. Her skin was like porcelain. Her cheeks reminded me of my late grandma's.

I smiled back. My smile may have had hints of a frown, but my heart was warmed.

Random kindness of strangers makes life worth living.

This month my horoscope reads that i am gonna regain a chance at something once lost.

I was so sure it was gonna be Taylor.

Now i think... maybe... it's life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You pulled the plug. It wasn't me. You've been with other dudes recently too.. Why play the victim card?

I still go there.. by the by.. just during the day.. for lunch with the dudes from work.

Keep smiling missy.