Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Focus!

The one time i shot pool with Riley (an activity unlikely to repeat itself), i informed him i was out of practice. He called booze "aiming fluids". And egged me on.

He was right. I got game after a few.

I have ceased to be passionate about most things. To a worrisome point.

When Taylor got me hooked on Scramble recently, a word game on Facebook, i told him, "I've got something to live for... For now!"

Not surprisingly, it's the same deal with Scramble. You've got to get the juices flowing.

But it's a subtle balance between silenced lucidity and walking-on-a-wire oblivion.

After much struggle, due to skepticism among other factors, i'm seeing a therapist tomorrow.

He's gonna tell me to stop drinking, i'm sure. And i'm gonna wail, "But it's my Scramble fluids!"

1 comment:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

I thought that I would share my online addiction with you. I think it may work both with and without focus fluids:

http://www.ninjakiwi.com/templates/gameajax.php?name=Bloons%20Tower%20Defense%203&game=http://www.ninjakiwi.com/images/stories/Games/bloonstd3.swf

Monkeys. balloons. darts.

Nothing more to say. ;-)