Monday, September 08, 2008

By Yours Truly 21

Sunday Russel the fisherman came bearing gifts. From waters 175 miles away from Berkeley!

Rock cod...


And sanddab:


Two firsts!!! I was very psyched!

I prepared the dishes as recommended by the foodie himself. Verbatim. The man knows his fish! I wouldn't deviate.

The sucka was so huge it almost didn't fit my wok! (OMG that sounds SO Asian!!) Russel, Denisse and i totally had a comical episode working out the logistics via text. Then a few minutes later i got a call from Denisse.

"You're calling!" I laughed out loud. "It's like a crisis!"

Denisse laughed too. Good times.

I know it's the Asian way, but it's weird to eat something staring back atcha.

I just noticed that those eyes, uncooked, resembled moonstones.
That said... Yum!!!!! : ) (I didn't eat the eyes. I was tempted. But couldn't.)

The flatfish was so good i wanted MORE!

As told to Denisse, how can pan-fried anything not be good?!?

No comments: