Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Post-Holiday Cheer

Turns out Denisse has a blog that she uses to vent but doesn't share with anyone too, just like I.

These are the thoughts that make me cry: the voice of George Michael that summons memories of being 13; snowcrab legs already cracked in halves; Rob's eyes welling up as he talks about his mother.

Thank God i'm able to cry again.

This Vegas trip was the first time i went to Nevada with a gal pal instead of a guy. So i couldn't have everything my way. As a matter of fact, Denisse was quite oblivious to my needs. In fact, she made me walk 7 miles a day for two days straight, and had the nerve to ask, "Are you serious your feet still hurt?" as she caught me limping, and still wouldn't slow down.

Yes, i have developed blisters, thank you very much.

Thru my thirst and lack of stamina, i managed to maintain a buoyant spirit. I could tell Denisse was annoyed with me a few times. But we did have a few laughs. And good ones too. Those that make your cheeks and belly hurt.

Today, Damon from the district office was in. "What was the best present you got this Christmas?" he asked.

I didn't get any present, you fuck.

Tonight Rob called, "just to hear [my] voice". That worries me.

I came home after a delayed flight last night, exhausted, to find an email from York II, to my surprise. He wants to play Scrabble sometime. I wonder if it's code for sex yet again.

"Incidentally," i wrote. "My cousin Denisse has recently signed up with eDetri*. Chances are, you'll be matched up with her! Wouldn't that be a hoot?"

"Is your cousin cute?" He wrote back.

Dick.

On JD's birthday i sent him greetings without actually expecting anything back. On Christmas day, in the name of goodwill, i texted him. But i can't say i honestly didn't need to hear back from him. Which was just all wrong. Because when i didn't, i was disappointed.

After all this time. Amazing.

I guess we're not spending New Year's together. Big surprise.

I've decided that i don't want some big party at some snobbish club for the countdown. I'd rather be alone.

Denisse is grumpy too. She texted me, "Do i realy hafta go in to work today?!" I smirked.

Course, there're a few days to go yet. I may still change my mind. Nothing like loud music and $12 drinks to take your mind off things. At least for a while.


*The infamous online dating service we're with

No comments: