Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Minor Setback...

All of a sudden, everyone wants to go out with me. Matt started with a nudge yesterday, like i've mentioned. Today he's mean again. I've never met anyone more fickle.

Jab, the guy i met on myspace, asked me to tea. I told him i preferred cocktails. Haven't heard back. It's just as well. Jab is stalker material, my instincts tell me. Which is why i can only go so far as to ask him to my online group socials. I don't need to be alone with him.

Incidentally, a few people i met on Friday has written to say hi, expressing wishes to meet up again. I should be happy. But i'm not. And i can't quite put my finger on why.

Since we last went out drinking before Halloween, Rob has been talking about doing it again. Today he said, How 'bout this Friday.

It's raining both Friday and Saturday, and that forecast is putting a damper on my mood.

"I think i'm gonna stay in and do laundry," i flinched. Yeah... laundry. That's attractive.

Denisse was gonna take me clubbing again. I was game until i learned it was gonna be cold and wet. Hobbling on heels for five and a half blocks in the city while dodging raindrops? Doesn't sound like a fun idea, sorry.

She also wants to know what we're doing for Christmas. Right now staying put and doing nothing seems very appealing. Funny how fast and how little it takes for me to recoil into hermetic mode.

Meanwhile, JD is suffering from bruxism and Vegas couldn't be further from his mind.

Hermetic: airtight by fusion or sealing; isolated. Yeah. That's me alright.

No comments: