Sunday, July 30, 2006

Revelation 13

I told JD over the weekend that you know you're depressed when you cry to something like Bruce Almighty.

In the film, when God asks brokenhearted Bruce if he wants Grace back, his gut instinct is to say yes, but he thinks for a second and replies, "I want her to be happy. I want her to meet someone who makes her happy, someone who always sees her the way I see her now."

It takes a strong person to say that and really mean it.

Something for me to learn. I think I may graduate soon. Well, someday.

During the night when i'm sleepless, attacked by pangs of angst, I curl up like an earthworm that's been sprinkled with salt. And i think my visceras are gonna implode and collapse, but when that happens i wanna be standing on my feet, so that i may be a hollow shell but still remain defiantly erect.

Depression is very psychosomatic. It's like the body sympathizes with the mind by firing obligatory signals to materialize intangible pains and sufferings. Today i wake up feeling like someone has punched me all over. I'm sure the fact i haven't eaten since Friday afternoon is not helping matters.

But it's true: you just breathe one breath at a time. Cos there's nothing else you can do, but breathe. And breathe you must, for yourself.

No comments: