Thursday, July 13, 2006

Circumlocution

Circumlocution: Using excessive words to express an idea. [You brainiacs out there might hate me for including the definition here. Plus, any word that begins with "circum" is just nasty. : ) ]

In my last post, I used "dismayed", "disillusioned", and "discredit" in ONE sentense. That's a lot of disses.

My father has an innate inability to be concise. I'm my father's daughter.

Incidentally, a few days ago, York was spilling the beans again, and he felt the need to type "Prednisone: a powerful steroid", to which i replied, rolling my eyes, "Yes, yes, i've taken it." Within a minute, he had the nerve to type "congenital" and then put in parentheses "genetic". Umm, i've only been coining the adjective since 11th grade? Fucker. I hate when someone slights my intelligence like that. If i don't know what a word means, i'll look it up, OK? No need to be condescending.

And just now, i realize, i'm guilty of the same.

No comments: