Thursday, January 13, 2011

菜脯炒蛋

This is a dish i have coveted for the longest time, since one morning i walked in on Elsie having made it for the boys' breakfast. The entire house was aromatic.

"It's the easiest thing," said Elsie.

Took me several years of eyeing the stuff at the store to finally buy a pack of dried daikon (the package says "radish" but it's really daikon. Trust me them Chinese don't know English. Sigh.), and another year to finally cook it. By the time i opened the bag it was 3 days before expiration. Good thing i disregard expiration dates in general.

Elsie was right. It's the easiest thing.

I am so often paralyzed by ridiculous fear of the unknown and of failure, it is disgusting. If i know it's illogical, why can't i fight it more readily?

Such a lovely sight. And in my favorite color too!

Happy with my 5" pan investment.

No comments: