Saturday, December 06, 2008

Masala Noodles


I've been having a love affair with masala noodle for over three years.

First i became a closet fan of Sukhi's version.

For the longest time i was too timid to pursue the dream of making my own. After all, the secret spice combo was never disclosed.

Last weekend i was more than delighted to experience a different version at Grand Indian Buffet.

After much research (knowing me and the likes of GAD patients) i concluded:

Fuck authenticity! (When it's beyond me to determine. And, really, is that important when taste buds rule??)

And thus i decided i was ready to improvise!

Once again i subconsciously pressed my index finger into the blade while slicing the jalapeños. Apparently I thought i was holding something else. Apparently the pressure somehow brought comfort.

I let the blood sit. More autocannibalism at work. It is beautiful!

Is yellow squash inappropriate for winter? Again, rules don't apply.

I chose cellophane noodle (all known as glass noodle) for the texture and ease, and my love for "Mr. Cellophane" from Chicago.

The speckles are black mustard seeds, in case you wonder. I'm not sure they bring anything to the flavor table. Sure adds an enticing visual effect, though.

No comments: