Sunday, April 27, 2008

Influence

Last night, i got antsy, and decided to cook some more. Do i see signs of an addiction? It's a resounding yes.

All i had to do was to remove the stems from my shiitakes before stir-frying. I'd been toiling in the kitchen for 4 hours prior, and I'd had a lot of Gewürztraminer in me. (Gewürztraminer is easy going down...) So much that after the stems were off, i kept pressing the blade into my thumb. Numerous times. There were a lot of mushrooms.




Until one deep cut that cast me out of oblivion.

Due to their unique texture, the fungi absorbed the blood in an artistic fashion. It was brilliant. And now i have engaged in autocannibalism.

This morning i observed my thumb in disbelief. I was reminded of a marked cave wall on a desert island where a shipwreck survivor is attempting to keep track of the days.

Don't drink and slice, i guess. Cuz the knife is gonna be sharp. And you ain't.

No comments: