Thursday, December 25, 2008

Brisket Stew with Cabernet Sauvignon & Brandy*

And not just any cab. Cakebread cab. I figured if ever there was an occassion that warranted itself, Christmas Day would be it. A cup! A part of me screamed, "Blasphemy!" while another let it pour like a pint of blood gushing out of my arteries, purging my soul.

(Fallacy... It is just another day.)

First time working with pearl onions. Lovely bastards. Who needs Mikimoto?

Thyme... is on my side. Yes, it is.

All that gluttony barely fit in my brand new 6-quart slow cooker, one of my many self-bestowed Christmas presents this year.

High, does it say? Yes... i... was.

The recipe read 4 to 6 hours on High. 3 hours and 40 minutes later, i decided that slow cooking may not be for me. As it is... well... slow.

Love that irridescent glow of the potato skin...

All this to outshine Dinty Moore? I'm not sure...

Note to self: next time, modify recipe so you won't be cooking for a (non-existent) family of four...


*You know you're an alcoholic when you cook with both wine and liquor

1 comment:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Lovely!!! ;-)

You're slow-cooker is so much more high-tech than mine!