Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Aliases and Allies

Tonight i had this nagging craving for something fishy. So i went for surimi. Known in the English-speaking world, of course, as imitation crab.

I squeezed in some Miracle Whip and sprinkled on some ground black pepper. Mmm... Amazing how something so simple can be sooo wonderfully satisfying. Beyond the secular and the corporal.

I savored every bite.

Course, some days i'll go for a splash of lemon juice with a dash of sugar and generous chili powder. Zing!

Probably totally unrelated, but this reminds me of a recent day at work when i was battling my mid-afternoon slump by brewing something caffeinated.

Roar stormed in my office, Kramer-style, took a few whiffs, and announced, "Something smells cinnamon-y!"

"It's probably my chai," i informed Roar.

"Oooh... Chai tea?" Asked an amused Roar.

"Uh... Chai is Indian for tea," i responded with a chuckle. "So that's probably redundant."

Oh, yes, i'm a pretentious ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just have to ask.. did you mean... corporeal?