Sunday, September 02, 2007

Scent-i-Mental

On my drive home i rubbed my eye and smelled Taylor's neck on my fingers. Taylor has the best-smelling neck - it smells like sex. (Yes, i'm nuts.)

(Yes, be vulnerable a little. It won't kill you.)

I came home to my apartment emitting a faint fragrance of the cherry blossom spritz that Denisse uses. (After having caught whiffs of it through the holidays i had coveted it enough to want it for myself, but by then it had become so her that i decided that would be infringement.) All of a sudden i was stricken with sadness she was gone. Merely a few hours prior i had made her cackle by calling my place a "love pad".

NSNM emailed me this morning to let me know she hadn't forgotten about me even though i may not have heard from her. There's nothing sweeter than someone letting you know you cross their mind from time to time. Women seem to be more attuned to that reassurance. When guys do it i'm moved to tears. Actually, regardless of gender, i easily get a lump in my throat.

When we first met, Taylor said i smelled like Vanilla & Honey by SoftSoap. Tonight, as i sniff the lingering scent on his hands, he says it reminds him of me. Aww... he actually thinks about me. Even though i smell nothing like vanilla or honey.

If being sentimental was beautiful, i'd be a pageant queen. Damn it, may i relinquish this friggin' scepter now?

No comments: