Sunday, September 23, 2007

Peregrination 4

This afternoon i walked to the Borders 0.79 mile from my house. That's right. Walked. It felt like such a quest even though it was only two sets of traffic lights away.

On the way there i watched clouds reflected in puddles with fallen leaves afloat. The sight filled me with joy. I could not recall the last time i derived joy from a puddle.

Whether we drive or take public transportation, everyday we transport ourselves from one enclosed space to another. There is something about being out in the open that makes us feel connected... makes us feel alive.

On the way home the sun finally peeked through fluffy cumuli that resembled a quilt (the cliché is there for a reason.) I felt so fortunate to have such beauty befall me, to feel my heart pumping in my chest, and to be carrying home books i gladly purchased off the bargain racks.

No comments: