Monday, September 18, 2006

Psychotic? Who, Me?

York II wanted to come over tonight. When i saw the email, i thought it was really sweet. Talk about a delayed response. Five minutes after i texted him with an implied yes, i started to panick.

I had just ordered Maui Zaui from Round Table. He hates pineapple on pizza.

After giving the dusty and mildewy spots around the house a once-over, anxiety set in. I just sat there. I didn't know what to do next.

What if he wants to make out? I'm not sure i'm ready to do that in my house with a new guy. I had just taken a shower. I would hate to sweat.

He'll probably notice my big box of BevMo stock and be curious, to say the least. Try to explain that one. I don't exactly have a mini bar.

Not to mention i have a mild case of cold sores coming on (i'm really prone to them due to a slew of conditions too boring to explore at this juncture.) I had pasta for lunch and pizza for dinner. My house smells like ham instead of perfume. I'm not feeling the least bit sexy.

And so i continued sitting. What do i do? What do i do? What do i normally do? Ha! "Normal"! What a joke!

Normally i'd be sitting at my computer, sipping on drinks, until it's time to go to bed.

He had to go to H&R Block first. He forgot his check book, then he forgot his wallet. So he had to keep going back home to retrieve stuff. The clock kept on ticking. Ah, shit, so i won't get to drink tonight? He knows i like to drink, but on a weeknight? No sober person would understand that and take it in stride.

I said, "Maybe it's a sign that tonight's not the night."

I could tell the disappointment in his voice, but he agreed it was getting late.

"Maybe tomorrow night would be a better night," he suggested.

I replied that tomorrow was therapy night, and on therapy night i have dinner with my brother.

He retreated in defeat. I felt bad, so i said Wednesday maybe. He said Wednesday would probably work.

Seeing another easy out, i added, "Don't worry if you can't make it Wednesday night."

I feel ginormously relieved as i screwed open a bottle of plum wine and poured it over ice.

Yeah... i'm probably not in the most emotionally or mentally healthy state. You think?

No comments: