Saturday, November 29, 2008

Shard

On Thanksgiving day Denisse, Trent and i were invited over to W's. Elsie was making a feast.

Entrées were chicken wings in fermented bean curd sauce with chili pepper flakes, braised beef tongue and onion with a dash of twice-distilled rice wine (which totally threw me and left me skeptical - i was expecting a red varietal. But wow! It worked... and perfectly! Spontaneity and an adventurous spirit pays off, apparently), steamed striped bass, and sautéed asparagus with minced garlic.

Right. Nothing traditional about that menu! But it's not about the food, people! It's about the people!

OK. It's a little about the food. I hafta hand it to Elsie. She's a terrific cook. She does not disappoint. And she does not crack under pressure. If i could get over that one i could entertain.

After a tantalizing meal the gang were set to play some Wii.

Again, quite a deviation from tradition. I can only imagine.

I had gained 3.5 lb. since i last played Wii Fit, as displayed for the world to see. "Thanks a lot!" I yelled at the screen. Everyone laughed.

My BMI had risen, obviously. But just by a hair and remained within the same range.

"You're normal!" W exclaimed.

I can see why one may be shocked. This may be the only realm in which me and "normal" coexist.

No comments: