Friday, November 07, 2008

Molten

There was a time when compassion would offend me.

It would imply that someone felt sorry for me for i was in worse shape. "In worse shape" = "inferior" which would confirm and reinforce my deep-seeded insecurities.

Seems obvious, but only recently i realized and came to terms with the fact that compassion simply means "feels with", literally.

It's been liberating at times.

I've dreaded/loathed my boss because she's one judgmental, fickle, insecure bitch. Know what? I'm one judgmental, fickle, insecure bitch. Again, we reject in others what we hate most in ourselves.

We've all been hurt, and we've all hurt, without knowing and without trying. Without meaning.

We've all thought we're hung up on an ex. Or two. Or three. At the end, more often than not, it's not about the person, but the way they made us feel at the time.

If i'm #3 (that i know of), does it make his missing me less special? Does it make me less special?

Just a droplet in the ocean, feeling the same things as the ocean, without knowing and without trying. Without meaning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the beauty of oneness. We are what we loathe. We loathe what we are. We are one. All of us. The good the bad.. all of it. All at once good and bad. All at once everything we love and hate. Once we accept that we can accept everyone... including ourselves.