Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oar

Last night, on the way to picking up takeout with W and AC, i hummed along the Thomas theme song being played on DVD.

"Don't sing, Goo Goo!" Protested AC adamantly. "Don't sing!"

W tried to reason with AC. But the little fella was inconsolable.

"Who does he take after?" I asked rhetorically. W smirked knowingly.

Not to be egoistic. My singing is not that terrible.

When we were young (don't ask me to name an age) W used to forbid me to sing. He'd literally hit me. I never understood it. I called him the dictator.

Tonight Elsie and I shared a moment of high-fiving and laughing uncontrollably on the subject of posing for a photo op.

Mockery can be fun when it's us versus them. Then nobody gets hurt. Or so you think.

In the midst of boisterous laughter, AC, who was 10 feet away from the madding crowd, shouted, just when you thought he couldn't care less:

Don't laugh!

Repeatedly.

When AC was younger Elsie considered that he exhibited signs of autism.

To this day, i have to admit, he acts as though he experiences sensory overload.

Which i can relate to.

Peacemaker W suggested to AC, "Why is Goo Goo laughing? Has she had those happy fluids?"

And thus AC ran up to me, "Goo Goo, have you had those happy fluids?"

I had not. "No, they have not been offered to me this evening," i replied.

Amazingly, for a change, i was not in a rush to head home for those happy fluids.

I can always
turn this car around

No comments: