Friday, October 17, 2008

Taffy

Today the fam cruised down to Capitola. Both W and i took the day off. The party barely fit in the Odyssey.

I'd been planning to take the 'rents there. They had a blast. Mostly with the vegetation and the architecture. And the weather was just perfect... Gorgeous day.

Possibly the last warm day this year... Even if it was the first time i saw a sign put up that suggested the ocean was possibly contaminated. An "Enter at your own risk" type deal.

No surfers for the first time ever. Seemed Wrong. And sad.

While on the pier i showed Trent my new Nikon Coolpix S550. In black. Cuz blue and maroon are just too happy. I explained that the 'rents' visit served as an excuse to finally update my equipment.

This afternoon, back at W's, my Mom viewed the photos i'd taken today. She was shocked to come across a shot of me.

"You took your own picture?!" She exclaimed.

And all i heard was "How dare you include a pic of you!"

It occurred to me Trent took it. Unexpectedly.

Tonight, finally home, when i viewed the shot of me shyly looking down but grinning, hair all disheveled in the warm coastal breeze, beach houses blurry in the background, i practically got choked up.

It's been SO long since someone thought i was worthy of having my picture taken. Too long...

No comments: