Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rivers

Derek I has a brother (i didn't ask older or younger; i may've asked before - at any rate i don't remember) whose first and middle name are Ray Charles*.

(I don't know why chronology is important to me. I don't know why i'm rigid on time.)

Ray the movie touched me. My mind plays scenes from it at times. I relate on various levels.

Derek's Ray's first recollection of music is Ray Charles', to which his parents danced. In the kitchen.

If i was more attuned to myself (my "real" self, whatever that means) i'd feel a lump in my throat right now.


*Real. Fuck! How rare is that?!!

1 comment:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Nice. My husband and I's song is "The Nearness of You" because when we are apart, I miss his nearness. That's the song we dance to wherever and whenever it comes on...in the kitchen, in restaurants, in bed..