Saturday, October 04, 2008

By Yours Truly 23

Sautéed geoduck clams.

I was gonna have it as sashami, but it smelled so friggin' fishy (i know, it's shellfish, but really, cunt came to mind!) that i had to cook it. With loads of ground ginger and white pepper.

You can't tell in this pic, but there was an "A" in it. I thought i was staring at alphabet soup.

Mussels in black bean sauce. I used my pestle and mortar for the first time ever - to mash the black beans. Elsie my gourmet chef of a sister-in-law would be proud. And oh so Asian! Denisse would revel!

(Can i ever do something just for me?)

The pestle was stained instantaneously. I thought there was something symbolic about that.

Sweet and sour orange roughy. Slightly burned. Because i was impatient. I thought there was something symbolic about that. (But yummy just the same!)

It was triumphant because today for a change i said fuck the recipes and just winged it... Given i had done my homework. But abolishing measuring spoons and cups was liberation.

3 comments:

Sara and Kim said...

no wonder you are so thin, you cook rather healthy. come to the midwest, we'd put some weight on ya girl! meat and potatoes. okay, i actually don't each much meet or potatoes, just am lazy.

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

ewwww...I don't eat anything that comes in a seashell or has tentacles. Those are basically my only two rules. My husband will eat anything...That's why we got married. ;-)

BUT, that orange roughy and shrooms looks soooo f'ing good. I can almost smell it through my screen.

tagaccat said...

Ah but these suckas are already deshelled!