Sunday, August 24, 2008

Miraculous

The throat pain from Friday escalated so that i made an appointment to go in Kaiser today. On a Sunday. Which would seriously cut into cooking time. And henceforth drinking time. It's that serious.

I can't even swallow saliva without grimacing majorly. It's like rubbing sea salt on an open wound!

"I'm gonna say nasal pharyngitis," announced the good doctor. Well, genius. I told her i'd been having postnasal drip for months.

Then she felt right beneath my jawline. I was like oww oww oww...

"Your tonsils are slightly inflamed," added the good doctor.

So... if we may recap: pharyngitis and tonsilitis. But that's a guess? Where's my diagnosis?!

I needed a strep culture analysis. "I'm gonna order it," the doctor said. "The lab won't just take it."

I can just picture myself handing reception my swab and feeling utterly rejected... But it's deep throat spit!!!

She ordered:

1. Gargling with salt water or Listerine
2. Lots of fluids: chicken soup, Gatorade... I asked, "How about water?" Water is okay.

And no meds.

Thank you! That was way worth my thirty bucks!!

I faxed in sick tonight with a full explanation. The world is too ridiculous to go in to work sometimes...

No comments: