Tuesday, August 05, 2008

All In a Day's Work 21

Most days i clock in at work at 7:25 a.m.

This morning, 7:24 a.m. I sat in the dark at my desk, glaring at the screen, waiting for the digital clock to click over.

In walked Riley with a blazing "Good morning!"

I glanced up, semi-squinting at the light behind him, weakly smiled and reciprocated the greeting.

"You look tired!" Exclaimed Riley.

I've said so before and i'll say it again: "You look tired!" is just euphemism for "You look shitty!"

Thanks, Riley.

"Tired of work," i replied.

"We're all tired of work," said Riley.

"How long have you been working?" I challenged the dude who's practically half my age. "Let's compare résumés."

"Since the dawn of time," responded Riley. Then with an evil grin he continued, "You tired from drinking? Par-tay too hard? Yeah? Yeah? You drink last night?"

"When don't i drink?" Asked I, feeling even more tired than when we started the conversation.

It's 7:24 in the morning. I haven't clocked in. I haven't had my coffee. I'm wearing my hair in a ponytail as i consistently have been in recent past since i couldn't care less about attractiveness. I'm sitting in the dark, all clad in black. Seriously? Even if you didn't know i'm not a morning person, that doesn't scream "Back off!!!" to ya?

1 comment:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

He likes you enough to not care that your demeanor is screaming "GO AWAY!" That's awesome.