Monday, January 14, 2008

Sage 4

Derek II stumbled across an excellent deal on PS3 at lunch today. 10% off.

"That's better than tax-free!" An enthused Derek informed me.

The store was down to the last set. But Derek didn't jump on it because he was gonna swap his Xbox 360 with some dude for a slightly used PS3, and he couldn't make an executive decision without all the raw data at hand. By mid-afternoon, though, he had gathered enough info for analysis. Concluding the store deal was pretty sweet, he was going back after work.

Toward the end of the day i saw Derek still hanging around. "Go get that PS3 before someone snatches it!" I urged.

"If someone takes the last one," responded Derek. "It wasn't meant to be."

"I'd be really bummed out!" I cried.

"You know," said Derek. "If this was like the coolest thing i'd even seen, maybe. It's not like i've never had anything else. I wouldn't be heartbroken."

I was impressed. "If i could apply that attitude to relationships," i told Derek. "I would never be miserable!"

No comments: