Saturday, December 01, 2007

Lucent

In the past couple of days depression has struck hard. We're talking a freaking abyss. (In case you couldn't tell from my Friday posts. LOL.)

This evening, as nothing brought me joy, i suddenly decided it was time to bring my snowflake tealight holder out of storage. After all, it's been freezing. Every morning as i put my hands on the steering wheel i think to myself, "I need gloves!"

There is just something about flickering light. It is simply mesmerizing. I can scarcely bring myself to watch TV or a movie on DVD any more, but flickering light? Hell, bring it on! This is how the Neanderthal passed time, right?

The tealight not only gets filtered through the translucent holder, it is reflected on the mirrored inner wall, and my vase and the irisdescent pebbles in it.

So pretty. Never a dull moment. I can't rationalize the correlation, but now i feel permitted to recall summer nights and deem them prettier. And yet feel where i am is where i truly belong. And I'm not so sad any more.

Funny what changes our mood. One just never knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always found staring at fire relaxing. My friends say it is cuz I am a pyro. I don't like starting things on fire, but once there is a fire I am there relaxing.
How cold does it get there? Yesterday it snowed here, and sleeted and freezing rain. Come visit and you shall feel cold!