Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Jolly 3

A handful of my oldest friends still send Christmas cards. Physical cards. By snail mail. What can i say. Old friends are old school. God bless their hearts.

Today i get one from my best friend IA. Enclosed was a Uniqlo tee (cool! Except i guess she didn't know i hate brown...) and a Christmas portrait of her family of four. First ever. Taken at an official studio. They are beaming. In their schematic, preppy outfits.

"Ohhhh... Not you too!" I lamented in my head. I mean, IA and her husband are amongst the coolest people i know. I literally felt stabbed. But i have to give 'em credit for going against tradition by opting for grey attire.

I proceeded to read the card. It's Hallmark, but it's Fresh Ink. Instant redemption.

The outside said:

Quiet winter
Hush my soul

Aww... How did she know the dark wish of my tormented being?

Then i opened it. And it said:

Remind me of what matters most

And there's where i was lost. Again.

No comments: