Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Serpentine

The spinal arthritis is under control. I'm no longer in agony.

Today i shared the secret of my healing with Derek II.

"There's this exercise i learned in physical therapy called the pelvin roll," I began. Derek already flashed me a knowing smile.

"Basically, you're thrusting," i continued. Derek giggled. The idea is to keep moving so your joints aren't locked. Duh. So simple, right?

"It's kinda obscene," I confessed, chuckling. "I couldn't do it if, say, a customer was standing right here in my office. I'd probably be sued for sexual harassment!"

Derek cackled.

Later in the afternoon he returned from a collection run and inquired on my evening plans. "Are you gonna go home and thrust?" He grinned.

"Oh i've been thrusting all day!" I replied.

"I have too!" Said Derek playfully. "Without a receiving end..."

"Same here," i wistfully mused. "Feels empty."

No comments: