Sunday, April 12, 2009

Merriment

I think i might have a thing for the bartend who makes my lychee mojitos. If so, he'd be the first Asian guy in a loooong time.

He's not like other Asian guys. He's cool. (Again, i'm allowed to say that. I'm Asian.)

I think it was his passion when he gave me his watermelon sangria recipe that captivated me. And the fact that he drank the watermelon sangria on the job. Gotta luv that!

"You can also substitute the strawberry and watermelon with other fruits," advised Philip*. "Once i made it with honeydew and rockmelon!"

"Rock melon?!" I responded in bewilderment.

"Oh, i meant cantaloupe," amended Philip.

I nodded and grinned. Couldn't help but comment, "You really like your melons!" Then i looked over to Denisse.

She was already throwing her head back and giggling uncontrollably.

I would later learn that the cantaloupe is called rockmelon in Australia and New Zealand. Makes you wonder where Philip has been.

When i asked for a taste of the potion, i said "before we commit" and made Philip laugh.

He gave us a full glass, long-stemmed.

Aww... Special.


*Not his real name

No comments: