Sunday, July 06, 2008

Mixed Up

Next Saturday Denisse is picking up the keys to her new place. I'm going with her. Just for the experience. Oh and to celebrate afterwards with ritas of course.

She's gonna be merely 9 miles from me. Her zip code is gonna be 2 digits diminutive to mine. Surreal!

This past weekend i drove up to spend one last night in her soon-to-expire apartment and to bid farewell to her hood.

We had din-din @ Bua Luang in Albany [only one of the most sublime Thai places on earth!] followed by our casual bar thing @ 6 Degrees.

Denisse and i must have bad goodbye karma. We didn't get our usual bartend, so her [first] Van Gogh's Pomegranate Mojito was way watered down. And two minutes after i'd ordered my Dali's Buddha, i was informed by the blonde in a ponytail:

I'm sorry. We're all out of cucumber-infused gin.

As i would tell JD later:

What kind of a self-respecting joint runs out of cucumber-infused gin??!!

Of course, there was a LOL to follow the absurdity.

And the unfamiliar bartend was hot and i enjoyed watching her so all was forgiven : )

@ least i've got my Miller's Mule @ Straits to fall back on. Which is essentially mojito with lemongrass-infused soda.

I'm all about infusion. And ethnic only when it comes to eats & drinks, apparently.

1 comment:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

I have never had cucumber infused gin. Now I will have to try. I am so boring when I drink. Kind of a purist, I guess. Or maybe I'm just afraid that I won't like what I order.