Thursday, July 10, 2008

Literary

Once again i am convinced i have lost the ability to write. For days the lack of joie de vivre has been overwhelming.

First i stop cooking. If i don't write any more either, i am officially without a pulse.

Tonight i do an exercise i learned in creative writing class all those fortnights ago: i simply jot down ideas.

Once the tip of my pen touches paper, thoughts flow like ink. There's just a special connection that cannot be replicated by typing on a keyboard, the efficiency notwithstanding.

And it felt good to get it out. Notes are good for the very fact that they don't have to be good!

I need a new journal!

1 comment:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

I like to write out my short stories. I'm also one of those people who has to brainstorm and write out my rough draft on paper. It's a nice feeling. I think it feels more like work that way. Like your mind is working through your hands. Anyway...I get you.