Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jubilation 2

This Thursday Denisse officially becomes a Sunny resident.

Rob called today. We hadn't spoken in a while. He was on vacation for what felt like a long time. And things can be awkward at times.

But i think of Rob as someone who would never hurt me. And i was glad to be reminded someone cares today.

"Life has a way of giving you what you need," Taylor once said. (I'm paraphrasing, i'm sure.)

Yes, it does. I haven't been doing so well.

"But i thought you were happy your cousin is moving closer!" Said Rob.

"I am happy about that," i replied. "We're celebrating Friday night!"

"You gonna toast?" Asked Rob.

"Oh, i'm gonna toast," i replied. "I'm gonna toast... until i can't toast any more!"

2 comments:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Baby steps, my darling. Small joys add up; I promise.

Anonymous said...

You should call Taylor. I am sure he would love to hear from you. :-)