Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cherry On Top

Sunday has morphed into reading day.

Between two newspapers and all the complimentary literature (volume varies), it can take me all day. Especially when i find a lot of articles of interest. I tirelessly indulge, my eyes growing dry and gritty from negligence to blink. My perfect vision has gone downhill to 20/50 in one eye (vision correction prescription strength 1.25).

I don't care. With every little thing that i learn i feel enriched.

I've come a long way from avoiding the news for fear of becoming depressed by the reality of the world.

I just

could

NOT

deal

with

sadness.

Some might label me a little "developmentally delayed".

Then there are those personal anecdotes by writers wonderful at story-telling. Compelling, intriguing, genuine pieces that often touch me to the verge of lacrimation. Or humor and satire that brings on an outburst of laughter.

Today, i was pretty worn out by mid-afternoon, eyes and neck and shoulders. I kept shifting in my chair so my back wouldn't hurt. And i thought, "Please don't let me die, not just yet. I want to finish all this."

And took myself by surprise.

Sunday has evolved into my favorite day of the week.

No comments: