Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Prawns with Lobster Sauce

Last Thursday, upon taking my order, my bartend asked if i wanted rice with that.

“No,” i replied with a coy smile, aware it wasn’t fair practice.

“No?” Responded the bartend, incredulous. Cuz God forbid an Asian should consume an entrée without the staple. It’s unfathomable.

I’ve gotten the same response at Thai joints when i order curry. My Aunt Mae has commented, repressing disgust, “So you eat it like a stew?” As if it was blasphemy.

I slurp it, for your information. And i don’t miss anything.

It’s frigging refined carbs, people! And everyone knows refined carbs are evil.

RJ has challenged the steadfast notion, quoting Michael Pollan.

I have yet to read Pollan. But supposedly he argues that fat does not make you fat.

Sounds dreamy. I shall put all my half-finished reads aside and place that at the top of my list.

No comments: