Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sway Me Now

Listening to Bonnie Raitt's "Have a Heart" transports me back to my very first (studio) apartment, freshman year, Chico State, with a large window through which i could watch tree branches sway in the breeze. I couldn't relate to the lyrics then. But i liked the song nonetheless.

Fast forward to today. I have synchronized agony with said song time and again. In my (studio) apartment, with a large patio door, through which i can watch tree branches sway in the breeze.

I may not have come a long way. But give me a glimpse of serenity, and i'm happy. Or some version of it.

1 comment:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

I love that song. I really like Bonnie Raitt, too! I hope you are well. I'm sorry I haven't posted...I'm working way too much. Take carfe of yourself and I'll write soon!
I'm thinking about you!