Monday, August 20, 2007

Lunar 2

Driving home tonight, after a day of severe depression, i had a spiritual experience.

I'd had Maria Mena's "A Few Small Bruises" on repeat play all day. Somehow i couldn't convince myself with the lyrics in the chrous: "I'm fine."

It was a clear night. The first quarter moon was bright and serene. So beautiful, even though it was only half full.

Many stories in my life started under the moon. Various flashbacks consecutively occurred in a matter of seconds. And i was miraculously filled with a sense of who i was at the core. Even though it was still kind of vague. And i was no longer defined by the experiences of recent past.

I drove on, and the moon was always ahead of me. It was like chasing a dream but never losing hope.

There it was, only half full. Always waning or waxing. Constantly inconsistent. Yet always, but always, beautiful - if you could just embrace the phases.

In the moon i see validation for bipolars.

1 comment:

Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

I am still reading...even if I don't post often enough. I hope you are feeling better. The moon can be quite beautiful. Especially when looking at it over a vast expanse of ocean. That's a moment when you can either feel very, very small, or part of something very, very big.
Peace.