Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Embrace

When Taylor and i first met in person, we had been emailing for a week. We had covered many subjects comfortably.

He opened his arms. "Do i get a hug?" He asked.

I went up and put my arms around him. It was natural and innocent, as if we were first graders. The first time ever i wasn't self-conscious about pressing my breasts against someone unfamiliar. That's just it. He didn't feel unfamiliar.

"Aww..." Taylor said. "I get a hug..."

Yesterday we got to say goodbye in person. (It so sux to be dumped online!) We had a really good talk. Things ended on a pretty good note. I got the closure that i needed.

"A hug?" Asked Taylor.

I went up and put my arms around him. It was natural and innocent. I'd be lying, though, if i said i wasn't sad.

"Aww..." Said Taylor.

Life comes full circle, indeed.

No comments: