Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Linner (Between Lunch and Dinner)

Finally tried the spaghetti at Jollibee. Now, don't get me wrong. Authentic Italian? Good. (Just don't forget Marco Polo stole the idea from China. But... the list of variations evolved there is so impressive, I hand it to them.)



But... There are days when you crave that mongrel version of sweet banana sauce and sausage.

Palabok is gold and it cannot be touched. This item makes a mighty contending quick snack, but sadly I have to report I'm ruined by having experienced a homemade variety. Not surprisingly, nothing beats homemade, as usual.

I'm hung up on Filipino food for it's redolent of a period of friendship and camaraderie that probably won't repeat itself. I don't consume often but when i do, it's like love crack.

No comments: