Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Green Dumplings and Green Noodles

Mandu in Korean. Which is curious because it sounds similar in the Mediterranean culinary world.

A quick fact check (knowing me!) confirms that the Turks imported the good from Asia consorting with the Mongols.

Just as Marco Polo triumphantly returned to Europe bearing mian and renamed it pasta.

What makes them green i have no clue. Believe me, my curiosity was piqued. On both occasions the vendor serviced me straight-faced so i dared not ask lest it be a secret recipe such that if they told me, they'd have to kill me. Actually, that was an understatement. They were somber. As if someone near and dear had died.

Gotta love the Asian culture. (As if there is ONE. But seriously. They all suck.)

And this is how you eat it. In a spicy seafood broth. Broth not shown.

No comments: