Monday, December 20, 2010

Self-Bestowed Christmas Present

Inspired by my friend Viviana* two Fridays ago who twisted her long hair into a bun and elegantly secured it with a two-prong maple fork bought at an Art and Wine (she even gave me a demo when i expressed amazement), i searched with "hair fork" and found this:

Handcrafted, every piece is unique.

It turned out a lot huger than i had envisioned, but it held my fine hair very firmly. For the first time, i have options other than the old faithfuls: elastics and claw clips (not even all of the latter work). Combs, barrettes, none would stay put. Trust me, i was devastated in the 80's when my banana clips would slip sliding away! All these years i have eyed other girls who can casually pin their hair up with a plastic Papermate ballpoint pen and felt insanely envious. I've felt inadequate, inferior.

Well no more!

That said, for even tension all over the scalp, nothing beats an elastic. Preferrably Goody Ouchless. :-)



*Not her real name

No comments: