Saturday, May 09, 2009

Achieve

Five summers ago, after my divorce, before i remotely considered dating, i visited my Asian hometown.

On a whim i consulted a sidewalk fortune-teller who happened to be blind.

OF COURSE i had to inquire on love.

"You'll find true love at age 40," he declared.

I was in my early 30's. 40 seemed SO far away! And OLD!

"NOOOOOOO!!" I screamed in my head.

Well, hasn't stopped me from tryin'.

These days, after many trials and errors, when i meet a prospect, i joke with Denisse, "We know he's not the one. I'm not 40 yet!"

Denisse laughs.

"He didn't feel my face or anything! How did he know?!" I have said to Denisse. "Actually, if he would've felt my face, i would've been weirded out. 'You're pretty... And you're gonna die soon!'"

Last time i visited my hometown that's not home anymore, the fortune-teller wasn't there.

Now, pushing 40, i think if i find love it's not gonna be some guy but the greatest love of all. That's right. À la Whitney Houston.

No comments: